I am a Software Engineer at the Autonomous Intelligent Driving GmbH, a subsidiary of the Audi AG, focused on revolutionary approaches to autonomous driving. There, I am looking into middleware technologies and security questions for future automotive architectures.
My hobbies relevant to and reflected on this website lie in areas adjacent to my research interests, mostly centered in the area of computer networks and computing applications.
I use this website to publish information about projects I am pursuing both professionally and in my spare time. It shall serve as a reference for myself and others, as reminder on where problems existed and how these problems have been solved and as a general overview over my work and interests.
The following is a list of my professional and educational experience.
since 2018: Senior Software Engineer
at Autonomous Intelligent Driving GmbH in München, Germany Topics:
- Middleware concepts for future automotive architectures
- Software platforms
- Automotive network architectures
- Automotive Security
2016 - 2018: Developer Data Transfer Technologies & Security
at Audi Electronics Venture GmbH in Gaimersheim, Germany Topics:
- Driving the Volkswagen (VW) Group software platform (vw.OS, aka E3) as:
- Initial Lead Developer: Lead the design and implementation of the first prototype of the platform
- Product Owner Tooling: Continuous X, Collaboration Tools, Development Environment/Networks, etc.
- Chief Software Architect: Set up of the initial platform architecture & the architecture board
- Evangelist: Understand, educate, demonstrate & convince, to establish the platform in the VW group
- Leading a project for the implementation of a lightweight authentication and authorization protocol for automotive networks (LASAN) according to automotive standards.
- Involvement in several other projects in the area of embedded networks and security.
2012-2016: Research Associate
at TUM CREATE in Singapore Topics:
- Research in Automotive Network Security (Authentication & Authorization Protocols, Architecture Verification, Scheduling, …]
- Responsible for the development of the infotainment system in the electric taxi EVA: www.eva-taxi.sg
- Results available in my book Amazon or online
2012: Research Assistant
at TUM CREATE in Singapore Topic: Policy-based message scheduling in the FlexRay static segment
2011: Internship in Software-Development in R&D
at Bosch Sicherheitssysteme GmbH in Grasbrunn, Germany Task: Optimization of an embedded communications stack
2007-2010: Software-Development Engineer in R&D
at embeX GmbH in Freiburg, Germany Tasks: Software development in industrial communications using multiple standards (wired and wireless]
2012 - 2017: Doctoral Candidate
in Electrical and Computer Engineering (Elektro- und Informationstechnik) at TUM CREATE, Technical University Munich (TUM) and Nanyang Technological University (NTU) Interdisciplinary Graduate School (IGS) under the NTU-TUM Joint PhD Programme with supervisors Prof. Dr. Sc. Samarjit Chakraborty and Assoc. Prof. Suhaib A. Fahmy
Topic: “Security for Automotive Electrical/Electronic (E/E) Architectures”
Grade: Summa Cum Laude
2012: Internship & Master-Thesis
2011: Visiting Student
at Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) in Daejeon, Korea with PROMOS scholarship from DAAD & Technical University Munich (TUM)
2010-2012: Master of Science (M. Sc.] / Dipl.-Ing. (TUM]
graduated among top 10 students
2009: Visiting Student
2007-2010: Bachelor of Engineering (B. Eng.)
in Computer Engineering (Informationstechnik) at Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University Loerrach (Duale Hochschule Baden-Württemberg (DHBW) Lörrach) and embeX GmbH, Freiburg
awarded best degree in year
2007-2010: Bachelor of Engineering (B. Eng.] with Honors Upper Second Class
- 2019: 2019 ACM Transactions on Design Automation of Electronic Systems (TODAES) Best Paper Award
- 2015: Participant at the Global Young Scientists Summit (GYSS)
- 2012: Graduated among top 10 students, Technische Universität München (TUM)
- 2012: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Erich Müller-Stiftung Scholarship
- 2011: PROMOS scholarship
- 2010 - 2012: Siemens Master Program Scholarship
- 2010 - 2011: e-fellows.net scholarship
- 2009: Scholarship of the Landesstiftung Baden-Württemberg Baden-Württemberg Stipendium
- 2007 - 2010: Best degree in year, Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University Loerrach (Duale Hochschule Baden-Württemberg (DHBW) Lörrach)